With the diverse range of insurance products that is currently available, it is not easy to understand and assess what one actually needs and what to expect from an insurance company. In most cases, one takes out insurance policies now, but only claims a payout or damages later, possibly after several years.
When choosing an insurance product, you should pay attention to:
• the purpose and extent of the insurance;
• the type of insurance that suits you with regard to your life cycle, needs, goals, desires, plans and obligations;
• your financial capacities (level of damage or other loss you can insure yourself against, such as loss of income due to an inability to work);
• your obligations arising from loans;
• any maintenance of household members or other financially dependent persons; and
• other circumstances or factors requiring that you take out an insurance policy.
Always compare the products of several insurance companies because each offers its own general terms and conditions.